With spring comes the promise of renewal and rejuvenation. And there are few better ways to restore your home. Here is a room-by-room spring cleaning checklist whilst we cannot do the cleaning for you.
- Clean the oven, microwave, stove top, refrigerator, and other appliances — inside and out.
- Clear out and wash cabinets, drawers, and pantry shelves.
- Sanitize the sink, drain, and handles on cabinets and appliances.
- Pull out your fridge and oven (if possible) to clean underneath and behind them.
- Throw out any fridge or pantry items past their freshness.
- Clean and disinfect the sink, faucet, countertops, and toilet.
- Scrub showers and baths from floor to ceiling.
- Wash shower doors and curtains.
- Clean out and wash cabinets, drawers, and closet shelves.
- Use an old toothbrush to get into tiny crevices.
- Wash or dry clean bed linens, blankets, comforters, and duvets.
- Organize drawers, closets, and wardrobes — and haul unwanted clothes away for donation or consignment.
- Rotate or flip your mattress for more evenly distributed wear.
Every room in the house
- Clean windows and hardware.
- Vacuum carpets, area rugs, curtains.
- Dust corners, ceiling fans, light fixtures, blinds, furniture, shelves, and decor.
- Sweep and mop hardwood and tile floors.
- Clean door panels, hardware, and glass, as well as screens.
- Disinfect doorknobs, cabinet hardware and light switches.